By Enrico Perla,Massimiliano Oldani
The e-book is equipped into 4 elements. half I introduces the kernel and units out the theoretical foundation on which to construct the remainder of the booklet. half II specializes in diverse working structures and describes exploits for them that concentrate on a variety of computer virus periods. half III on distant kernel exploitation analyzes the results of the distant situation and provides new recommendations to focus on distant concerns. It features a step by step research of the advance of a competent, one-shot, distant take advantage of for a true vulnerabilitya computer virus affecting the SCTP subsystem present in the Linux kernel. eventually, half IV wraps up the research on kernel exploitation and appears at what the long run could hold.
- Covers a number of working process households — UNIX derivatives, Mac OS X, Windows
- Details universal situations similar to universal reminiscence corruption (stack overflow, heap overflow, etc.) concerns, logical insects and race conditions
- Delivers the reader from user-land exploitation to the realm of kernel-land (OS) exploits/attacks, with a selected specialize in the stairs that bring about the construction of profitable ideas, as a way to provide to the reader anything greater than only a set of tricks
Read Online or Download A Guide to Kernel Exploitation: Attacking the Core PDF
Similar business information technology books
The private security and safety Playbook is designed for an individual who could benefit from shared neighborhood security and safety duties. Chapters are prepared by means of components of shock, from own chance know-how to security and defense concerns for family members, domestic, go back and forth, and paintings. the ideas integrated support the reader realize own security and safety dangers, take proactive prevention steps, and react kind of to probability with helpful results.
How will we optimize differentiating company methods and make the most their complete capability? the following Volker Stiehl offers solutions, using many of the innovations that the BPMN (Business approach version and Notation) typical bargains for making plans, imposing and tracking methods. The publication offers an strategy for imposing an structure for functions that strives to discover a stability among improvement and upkeep expenses, sustainability, scalability and fault tolerance; that meets flexibility standards with out changing into inordinately advanced itself; and that retains the top program as summary as attainable from the method panorama within which it operates.
Alexander Becker untersucht die Frage des Mehrwerts von SOA-basierten Systemen sowohl aus Sicht von Anwendern, als auch von Herstellern. Die umfangreiche Darstellung einer empirischen Untersuchung zur bisherigen Erfahrungen mit dem SOA-Einsatz in beiden Zielgruppen kann Entscheidungsträgern als interessante Datengrundlage zur individuellen Bewertung einer SOA-Adoption dienen.
Read hilarious tales with critical classes that Michael Lopp extracts from his different and occasionally strange reviews as a supervisor at Apple, Pinterest, Palantir, Netscape, Symantec, Slack, and Borland. some of the tales first seemed in primitive shape in Lopp’s perennially well known weblog, Rands in Repose.
- Software and Organisations: The Biography of the Enterprise-Wide System or How SAP Conquered the World (Routledge Studies in Technology, Work and Organizations)
- The Big Shift in IT Leadership: How Great CIOs Leverage the Power of Technology for Strategic Business Growth in the Customer-Centric Economy (Wiley CIO)
- Optimierungssysteme: Modelle, Verfahren, Software, Anwendungen (Springer-Lehrbuch) (German Edition)
- Virtual Communities, Social Networks and Collaboration: 15 (Annals of Information Systems)
Additional resources for A Guide to Kernel Exploitation: Attacking the Core
A Guide to Kernel Exploitation: Attacking the Core by Enrico Perla,Massimiliano Oldani